You have often heard me refer to food as medicine in my blog posts. Food can be used to treat many conditions. However, this does not only have to be applied to your physical health, but also your sex life! There have always been many claims made about foods being aphrodisiacs, and now there are 7 foods that have modern science backing up their claims:
- Avocados are rich in heart-healthy fats, and anything that keeps your heart beating strong helps keep blood flowing to the right places.
- Almonds are nutrient-dense and rich in trace minerals that are important for sexual health and reproduction, such as zinc, selenium, and vitamin E.
- Strawberries are an excellent source of folic acid which may be tied to higher sperm counts
- Oysters are one of the best sources of zinc, which is important for sperm and testosterone production.
5) Salmon and other fatty fish:
- Many fatty fish contain heart-healthy omega-3 fats.
- This strange-tasting green actually has trace minerals and antioxidants that block absorption of environmental toxins that can diminish libido.
- Citrus foods are rich in antioxidants, folic acid and vitamin C, all of which are involved in men’s reproductive health.
There are many other ideas that have been floating around for centuries, claiming to increase libido. Most of these are folklore and have proven to be no help. (Rhinoceros horn, anyone?) So stick to this list of scientifically proven foods, that aren’t only healthy, but will also result in better sex.